Übersezungsprogramm

Christian Ordig chr.ordig at gmx.net
Fre Aug 20 22:08:00 CEST 1999

On 20-Aug-99 Felix Lautenschlager wrote:
> An: Christian Ordig
>
> Du hast doch mal den Text an die Liste geschickt, der mit einem
> Übersetzungsprogramm übersetzt wurde (Maustreiber).
> Kannst Du vielleicht an das Original kommen und das an mich oder die
> Liste schicken?
> Wär' cool.
>
> Felix

Hmmm... Hat Dir diese tolle fachmännische Übersetzung etwa nicht weitergeholf
en?!!?

der Here we go...

----------------------- SNIP ------------------------------------

      |     Genius Mouse Driver Release Notes (version 9.10)       |
      |     Copyright (C) KYE Systems Corp. 1992                   |

      The following mouse parameters have been added to the GMOUSE
      driver which allow you to configure the mouse or trackball to
      fit your requirements.

     A. Communication Port ( p )
        ------------------------
        Your mouse can be connected through a PS/2 mouse port, a port
        on a mouse bus extension card, or a serial (COM) port. If
        connected to either of the first two types of ports, the mouse
        driver will automatically detect and configure it when you
        load the GMOUSE driver. If connected to a COM port other than
        COM1, you must inform the GMOUSE driver when loading it.

        The command format is:

        GMOUSE p    (Where p = 1 to 4).

        For example, if you install the mouse at COM2 (default
        setting), enter the following when loading the driver:

        GMOUSE 2

        However, for loading the driver when the mouse is connected
        to COM1, a bus mouse port, or a PS/2 port, no parameter is
        needed. Type:

        GMOUSE

        to load the driver.

        The standard Relative Address and IRQ no. for each COM port
        are listed in the table below:

        -------+----------+------------------+----------
          port |  COM no. |  Address in HEX. |  IRQ no.
        -------+----------+------------------+----------
           1   |  COM 1   |       3F8        |  IRQ 4
           2   |  COM 2   |       2F8        |  IRQ 3
           3   |  COM 3   |       3E8        |  IRQ 4
           4   |  COM 4   |       2E8        |  IRQ 3
        -------+----------+------------------+----------

        These settings should be acceptable for each COM port. However
        if there is a need to set a specific I/O port - IRQ no. for a
        given port, refer to section C.

     B. Acceleration Setting ( *a )
        ---------------------------

        The acceleration parameters determine the relative speed of
        cursor movement for set distances of mouse movement within a
        standard amount of time. On the existing five acceleration
        settings, speed is slowed for shorter distances and increased
        for longer distances. Thus, when operating your mouse, you get
        more precision in short distances, but are still able to move
        the cursor across the whole screen with a quick, short movement.

        You can choose from five acceleration settings. Setting 1
        is a slower setting, Setting 5 is relatively fast.

        The default is Setting 3. To choose another setting, type:

        GMOUSE *a   (Where a = 1 to 5, if omitted, Setting 3 is selected.)

        i.e.: GMOUSE *2 selects Acceleration Setting 2.

     C. I/O Port Address & IRQ no. ( -i,q )
        -----------------------------------
        This feature is provided for experienced users. If you're
        unfamiliar with I/O ports and IRQ channels, don't attempt to
        change these because any mistakes could prevent you from
        using your computer. In general these settings do NOT need
        to be changed. However, if your COM port is not set to any of
        the standard I/O Port Addresses and IRQ combinations listed in
        the table under section A, you need to directly tell the GMOUSE
        driver the I/O Port Address and IRQ No. when loading the driver.

        To select a non-standard I/O Port Address and IRQ channel,
        type:

        GMOUSE -i,q (that is "dash""I/O Port Address""comma""IRQ No.")

        The IRQ setting can range from 2 through 5. The default is 5.

        Example:

        GMOUSE -3E0,2 (Loads the driver, selects 3E0H port address
                              and IRQ no. 2)

        WARNING: If the wrong setting is selected or not set
                 properly, you may cause system error!

     D. Switch Ortho Line Function  ( +s )
        ----------------------------------
        The Ortho Line function is provided as an aid to the user
        for drawing straight horizontal or vertical lines. You can
        set this function to be ON or OFF, by setting the parameter
        to "+1" or "+0". The default for this function is OFF.

        Once you have set the Ortho line function "ON", you press
        the left and right button of the mouse (or trackball) at the
        same time to start the function. Use the same method to
        turn the function "OFF" when you don't want to use it.

        Then, to activate the Ortho Line Function, type the command:

           GMOUSE +1   (Switches the Ortho Line Function ON)
           Then simultaneously press the left and right buttons.

           Pressing the buttons again toggles the function OFF.

       To deactivate the Ortho Line Function, type:

           GMOUSE +0   (Switches the Ortho Line Function OFF)

     E. Multiple Parameters
        ------------------
        It is also possible to select multiple parameters in one command.
        The sequence for selecting multiple parameters is:
        1). Acceleration (*a)
        2). Ortho Line function (+s)
        3). COM port (p or -i,q)

        Where a is from 1 to 5, s is 0 or 1, p is from 1 to 4, i is the
        I/O Port Address, and q is the IRQ No.

        Ex: A >GMOUSE *4+1-3E8,4
        This case allows for faster movement of the cursor (*4) on
        the screen and the mouse port address is 3E8H which IRQ4 is ass-
        igned. We also activated the Ortho line Function (+1).

        Ex: A >GMOUSE *3-279
        Acceleration Setting 3, I/O Port Address 279H, and default
        IRQ no. 5.

        Ex: A >GMOUSE +1-260
        The Ortho line function is activated and we set the I/O port
        address to 260H. The IRQ would be the default, no. 5.

        Ex: A >GMOUSE 4*2
        This command connects your mouse to communication port COM4
        and uses the default address and IRQ no. associated with COM 4
        (refer to the table in section A of this file), and allows for
        slower movement of the cursor (*2) on the screen.

     F. The Genius Driver V9.10 provides a bus mouse interface which
        is suitable for Microsoft Bus Mouse, Microsoft InPort Mouse,
        and Genius Bus Mouse Versions.

        Important: This README.DOC takes precedence over the user's
                   manual that accompanies your input device (mouse
                   or trackball). The Genius driver V9.10 is the
                   latest driver currently available. The driver is
                   continually updated and if you're trying to run
                   a new software program and having problems using
                   the input device, please contact the place of
                   purchase for assistance.

cu.

---
Christian Ordig             | Homepage: http://thor.prohosting.com/~chrordig/
Germany                     |    eMail: Christian Ordig <chr.ordig at gmx.net>
  / /  (_)__  __ ____  __   | Why Linux? Because it is free, stable, and
 / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /   | bugs can be fixed in source opposed to waiting
/____/_/_//_/\_,_/ /_/\_\   | for a stable WinTendo from Micro$oft.